Monday, May 24, 2010

The Soon-To-Be Not-So-Spinster

Well, my wedding day is quickly approaching, and with that in mind, I will ask the following question that all of my (2.5) readers have been asking:

What is Kristen doing with her time these days?

Okay...nobody asked...but in case you WERE wondering and just hadn't gotten around to it yet...

I am trying to keep my head above water at school, and not rant, rave, scream, or holler. At least not in public. The days remaining are nearing the single digits.

We bought a house a little while back and are working furiously to get it ready to move in. The previous owner had lots of pets and smoked, so there is lots to do - much of which, however, we would've done anyway. I keep buying the little local paint store out of semi-gloss interior in light shades. It's what I do. Today (well, yesterday) we put down laminate flooring in one room. It is seriously gorgeous. No, putting down laminate flooring is not how we usually spend our Sundays, but we take the skilled labor when it volunteers and shows up on our collectively-owned-but-not-inhabited doorstep. Did I mention laminate is seriously gorgeous? I also recently came the closest I ever have to maxing out my credit cards - but it was on appliances so that makes it a rather boring reality. Most people with a true shopping obsession aren't spending their hard-earned dollars on high-effeciency appliances.

There's this little thing called a wedding...it's coming soon. Lately I have been mailing out those tacky-rude super-late invitations, scanning pictures of both of our childhoods, and praying that the bridesmaid dresses arrive before my bridesmaids are transformed into homicidal maniacs due to the stress of figuring out where and when they are going to get their dresses altered.

I am also functioning at an extra-special level of tired not seen since college. Working every night on wedding and house details until midnight or beyond will have that effect.

What's new with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment