Tuesday, July 6, 2010

An Open Letter from Mystic to Nicky



Dear Cow,

I'm writing to you from the new house. This place is pretty awesome! It has lots of rooms and lots of space outside. I heard Mommy and Daddy talking about bringing you here, and where they're going to put your doghouse. I'm a little bit jealous because they are talking about making a new house for you out of something called OSB that Daddy has been putting on the floors. Nobody is talking about making a new doghouse for me. But be careful, Cow - Daddy is talking about something called "limited privileges" in the house. They used to let me go upstairs, but they don't anymore. And I don't get to sleep with Mommy - I have to sleep in the kitchen. If I sit on a chair, it has to have a blanket on it first. I'm really not sure what they're going to let you do. There is a new kind of place in this house called a mud room, and I'm pretty sure they said you'll be allowed to come in there in the winter.

There are lots of surprises here. There are some kitties that come and visit - they used to live here before - and they sit outside the window and stare at us. Mommy and I go running sometimes, but on some of the roads, we get chased and barked at by other doggies. When I stay outside, I have a great big long rope so I can run around and play more. Sometimes I sleep under the tree, but when Mommy drives in the driveway, I stand up real straight and pretend that I've been waiting for her like that the whole entire time she was gone. I think it makes her feel bad.

The house smelled really interesting when I first got here. There were lots of dogs and cats that used to live here. Some of them had accidents in the house. Daddy gets right down on the floor now and smells the corners and the floors with his nose. I think he looks really funny when he does that! But then he scrubs the interesting places with bleach, and they don't smell interesting anymore.

Well *yawn* I'd better go and take another nap. I hope you're staying cool in this hot weather.

Your friend,
Mystic

PS - Look out - when Mommy got the mail on Saturday there was a postcard in it from your vet and it said it's time for you to come have a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment