Nicky's latest bad habit is making puddles in the doggy den. (You know, I was going to try to have a post that wasn't about dogs...and this isn't supposed to be about dogs. Oh well. Fail.) This habit caused the doggy den to stink. Thursday night I attacked it with bleach and a scrub brush. For this event, I took off my diamond, because I would hate to have something happen to it while I was doing a gross job involving concrete, bleach, and scrub brushes. (As one of my colleagues aptly pointed out, bleach ISN'T going to dissolve the diamond - but why take chances? I would a whole lot rather have to say to Matt, "Hey, I scrubbed the basement floor last night and consequently forgot to wear my ring to work" than "Hey, I was scrubbing the concrete floor and chipped my diamond on it.")
Only problem was, when I got done with that super-nasty job, I went right to bed and forgot to put my ring back on...and left in a hurry in the morning, and also didn't remember it then...and all day long my left hand felt completely weird. Funny how you can go your whole life without having something, and when you have it for 42 days and forget to wear it, the lack thereof ruins your whole day.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment