The fact that Nicky just barked (and really did have to go outside) reminded me of a funny thing that happened a couple of weeks ago. Nicky barked in the night, so I hit the garage door opener and headed to the doggy den to get her out. I was fairly preoccupied with getting her out of the den and putting on her leash - because if Mystic were to mysteriously get free and wander outside unattended, I know that she would not likely leave the property, but I have no such guarantee with Nicky - and when I got outside I saw the reflection of two very small dark eyes staring at me in the glare of the porch light. I had time for my heart to momentarily stop beating and the following thoughts to cross my mind:
- What is it?
- Is it going to bite?
- Is it rabid?
And then I realized that it was Mystic (the little opportunist) who had snuck out behind me and run outside while I was in the den getting Nicky ready. Someday...someday I will learn to shut the door behind me!
No comments:
Post a Comment